As we age, people naturally lose the fat that’s under the skin, bringing facial muscles closer to the skin’s surface. The result? Lines and wrinkles become more visible, showing the signs of aging more prominently.
Fortunately, there are a variety of dermal fillers that can help reverse the signs of aging. Fillers work to restore the volume and fullness of your face, helping to eliminate lines and wrinkles while enhancing lips and contours.
What Makes Dermal Fillers Different
Unlike other injectables, fillers work to add volume under the skin, helping to smooth out lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers are designed to add volume to the face and can be used to improve the signs of aging, as well as for other cosmetic purposes like lip augmentation.
Dermal fillers are also unique because while they require maintenance, some provide results that can last up to two years! Plus, certain fillers contain collagen, which stimulates the production of protein. That means that over time, your body will produce more collagen, continuing the improvement of your skin’s appearance and health long after the injections. You’ll be able to prevent the signs of aging from worsening or becoming more apparent.
Dermal Filler Options at Anders Dermatology
There are a number of dermal fillers that can help address a variety of cosmetic goals. Take a look below to determine which option is right for you!
- Radiesse®: Used to reduce the appearance of facial folds and wrinkles, plus it provides lip augmentation
- Sculptra®: Works to naturally stimulate the restoration of collagen that is lost during the aging process
- Juvéderm®: Adds facial volume and smooths out wrinkles around the mouth and nose
- Restylane® and Perlane®: Visibly reduces moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, plus adds fullness to your lips
- Belotero Balance®: Fills in wrinkles and folds, providing immediate, smooth correction of deep folds and shallow facial areas
The filler procedure is relatively easy, and injections are typically tolerable without any anesthesia; however, there is an option for anesthetic ointment or local anesthesia if pain is a concern. The treatment should take approximately 15 minutes to one hour, and while you may notice some sensitivity, numbness or swelling, you should be able to go about your day immediately afterwards.
Achieve More Youthful Skin
At Anders Dermatology, we pride ourselves on providing the top dermal fillers for our patients. If you want to discover more youthful, radiant skin, schedule a consultation today! Plus, make sure to look at our promotions page to see this month’s treatment specials.